JOIN US IN HALIFAX!
There's never been a better time to visit Halifax! 2017 is shaping up to be a big year in Halifax - on top of already spectacular annual events leading up to Canada's 150th birthday in July - there is so much to see and do in Halifax! Visit Halifax and experience our friendly and upbeat culture, our walkable city and our pleasant rural communities. Here in Halifax you will find things to do for families, couples and singles!
Experience Autumn in Halfax!
For an authentic Maritime experience, autumn in Halifax has it all. Enjoy the changing leaves, the spooky history, the cozy pubs, and the busy fall festival and events calendar.
Come face to face with the spirits that haunt the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site or take an autumn stroll through one of Halifax’s many cemeteries to experience the thrills that come from a Maritime city with a long and fascinating past.
Here are just a few things that you can do this October while visiting Halifax:
- Come a few days early and experience Nocturne: Art at Night (October 14, 2017). Nocturne is a completely free annual event that showcases and celebrates the visual arts scene in Halifax and downtown Dartmouth.
- Visit one or all of Halifax's many farmers’ markets!
- Oyster bars, beer bars and donairs...Halifax prides itself on locally sourced ingredients, fresh seafood and innovative chefs. Taste all Halifax has to offer!
- Experience Halifax through our pristine seacoast and Maritime landscapes. Halifax outdoor activities, trails, and off-the-beaten path adventures will awaken the explorer in you.
- Rent a bike and explore the city! Don't forget to visit the Halifax Public Gardens, Citadel Hill or the Discovery Center.
Still not convinced?! Check out Destination Halifax's Top 17 Reasons to Visit Halifax in 2017!