Code of Conduct for SMM Meetings
PLEASE REPORT ANY ISSUES YOU EXPERIENCE DURING THE SMM2017 CONFERENCE TO ANY ATTENDING SMM BOARD MEMBER (IDENTIFIABLE BY A RED STICKER ON THEIR BADGE) OR VIA EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Treat everyone with respect and consideration.
• Communicate openly and thoughtfully with others and be considerate of the multitude of views and opinions that are different than your own.
• Be respectful in your critique of ideas.
• Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert any volunteer if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
• Respect the rules and policies of all venues associated with the meeting.
• Harassment, intimidation or discrimination in any form.
• Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, SMM Biennial organizer, service provider or other meeting guest.
• Examples of unacceptable behaviour include, but are not limited to inappropriate comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, or service provider.
• Disruption of talks at the meeting or other associated events organized by SMM.
• Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately. • SMM organizers (or their designee) or security may take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund.
• SMM reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting.
Reporting Unacceptable Behaviour
If you are the subject of unacceptable behaviour or have witnessed any such behaviour, please immediately notify an SMM board member (in person or via email) or a designated SMM2017 organizing committee member at the meeting. Contact information will be available for this conference on the meeting website.