CODE OF CONDUCT
The Society for Marine Mammalogy and the SMM2022 conference team will continue to work to promote a welcoming environment at its conference that is safe, collaborative, supportive and productive for all attendees, volunteers, exhibitors and service providers. Value individual diversity of views, expertise, opinions, backgrounds and experiences reflected among the conference attendees.
To that end, we expect meeting attendees to abide by the following Code of Conduct:
• Treat everyone with respect and consideration.
• Communicate openly and thoughtfully with others and be considerate of the multitude of views and opinions that are different than your own.
• Be respectful in your critique of ideas.
• Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert any volunteer if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
• Respect the rules and policies of all venues associated with the meeting.
• Harassment, intimidation or discrimination in any form.
• Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, conference organizer, service provider or other meeting guest.
• Examples of unacceptable behaviour include, but are not limited to inappropriate comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, or service provider.
• Disruption of talks at the conference or other associated events.
• Photographs and/or video recordings of participants presentations’ during any portion of the conference or workshops is not allowed without special permission by the author(s). Photographs of copyrighted presentation slides are for personal use only and are not to be reproduced or distributed. Photographs of any presentations labeled as confidential and/or proprietary are forbidden.
• Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
• Conference organizers (or their designee) or security may take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund.
• The SMM reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting.